Sell what you love. For us and millions of users across the globe, that’s Spotify. Join the Sales team and you’ll build the relationships that help grow our business in existing markets and beyond. We don’t just sell creative solutions to our clients and partners, we help to shape them; using our expert knowledge of ad products, sales channels and the industry to impact the way the world experiences music and podcasts.
At Spotify, we’re focused on providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favourite songs and created a service that people use to discover and share music they love.
We are looking for an outstanding Ad Sales Account Manager to grow our team in Germany for our free business unit. This team plays a critical role in developing senior business relationships and partnerships with the media and marketing teams of top brands, with the goal of increasing their advertising spend on Spotify free. Working across multiple verticals, such as FMCG, Automotive, Entertainment, Retail and Technology, you will build deeper relationships with existing clients and open doors to acquire new opportunities from Germany ́s biggest advertisers.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with our key clients across your verticals, allowing us to better understand their businesses and position Spotify as an invaluable partner in overcoming their strategic marketing challenges.
- Raise awareness and understanding of Spotify’s advertising and data capabilities on the client side, whilst providing our local agency sales team with insight on inbound campaigns and business objectives of their key clients.
- Work closely with the wider agency sales and global accounts teams to create successful ad campaigns, build meaningful partnerships and drive a measurable increase in spend from our Tier 1 target clients.
- Sell cross-channel solutions through both direct and programmatic channels – video, mobile, audio formats, and other creative opportunities, as well as building trading parameters and deals where necessary.
- Represent Spotify at events and serve as a brand ambassador, communicating our core narratives and reinforcing the strong position Spotify holds in the marketplace.
- Accurate working, reporting daily and weekly and timely insights about your business and customers are vital. Use of Salesforce is required as a primary method of managing your day to day
- Meet and exceed advertising revenue goals
Who you are
- You have 4+ years of experience in an online sales or vertical manager role at a big publisher or new business/client services at creative agency with at least 4 years of client facing experience as part of that role.
- You will preferably have a strong network of contacts within your verticals, but will also be adept at identifying new clients and contacts through various resources, including LinkedIn and Xing, and are confident in initiating relationships with new contacts.
- You have knowledge of online and offline media, experience of programmatic is preferable, and have the ability to be creative with audio and digital client solutions.
- You have phenomenal communication skills and you are a networking superstar with the confidence to build relationships at all levels, from c-level to junior.
- You have strong presentation as well as negotiation skills and a good record in closing deals.
- You are used to driving things forward as an individual contributor, yet you are a great teammate.
- You are able to work in a fast-paced, exciting environment and across external and internal teams to deliver creative, fresh campaigns.
- You have dexterity in creating reports and presentations using Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.
- You will need to have both fluent German and English speaking and writing skills.
- Please submit your CV in English.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 230 million users.