Spotify is looking for an Analytics Engineer for Content Platform, this is the backbone for Spotify’s audio catalog: ingesting music and podcasts to the platform, enriching it with metadata, building systems to discover and organize knowledge about creators and content. Spotify’s mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity—by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it.
Content Platform is a central enabler for Spotify; together, our teams ensure that Spotify has a complete, available and enriched catalog of music, podcasts, videos and more. We provide the insights and understanding of artists and their content, attributes, and relationships. We ensure that we can effectively moderate and control our catalog to provide a safe and trusted experience for consumers and artists to keep our system free of infringement.
We are looking for an analytics engineer to join the band and help us build the data ecosystem that powers our analysis of consumption on the platform and informs our understanding of the larger industry. You will work with data scientists and product managers to architect systems and pipelines needed to tackle questions such as: How do we help artists understand their content on our platform? What data drives consumption of content on Spotify? Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Engineer lasting solutions for surfacing critical data that helps us understand our platform.
- Build and be responsible for the analytics layer of our team’s data environment, making data standardized, easily accessible and high quality.
- Collaborate with, and mentor, data scientists in building scalable analyses and datasets.
- Contribute to the development of the Product Insights function and the wider data science community at Spotify.
Who you are
- You are a communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and partners, enjoys mentoring and teaching others and you have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- You’re experienced in a similar data science, data engineering, or data modelling role
- Background in computer science, engineering, physics, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline or comparable experience
- Significant experience in designing analytical data layers and in conducting ETL with large and complex data sets.
- Experience with GCP tooling and systems would be a plus
- Knowledgeable in data modeling, data access and data storage techniques.
- High level of ability in SQL, Scala and Python
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.