Within Spotify’s Consolidations Financial Planning & Analysis team (FP&A), we enjoy a unique vantage point into everything happening within Spotify. As part of that, our team designs, builds & maintains Adaptive Insights, a planning & reporting platform that enables teams across finance and around the world. Spotify is seeking an outstanding certified and experienced Adaptive Insights Application Manager to join our FP&A team.
This position will provide a full spectrum of financial planning, analytics and collaborative support to include model development, system integrations, analysis trending, and support budgetary guidance, as well as taking our other financial capabilities to the next level through the use of Big Query, Tableau and Robotics Process Automation.
The data flowing through our platform directly contributes to decision-making by our CFO and all levels of leadership. If you’re passionate about building tools that enhance productivity and improve financial accuracy, come join us! This is a truly global role providing exposure and growth across multiple legal jurisdictions and environments.
Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences all audio.
What you’ll do
- Own the Company’s Adaptive models, including data integrations and data visualizations to be used for all workforce planning, forecasting, budgeting and month-end close analysis.
- Partner with Finance and operational teams to guide the development of new Adaptive models and reporting views, dashboards, financial reports, etc. to gain efficiencies and accuracy
- Support dimension management, metadata design/maintenance, development, and data validation processes.
- Proactively identify enhancements to existing models to increase forecasting efficiency.
- Assist with adhoc report development, special projects and ad-hoc financial analysis at the request of senior leadership
- Gain a deep understanding of business needs to contribute to prioritization of new projects/enhancements to meet existing and long-term goals of multiple business partners.
Who you are
- Advanced experience in Adaptive Insights required
- 4+ years of relevant finance or financial systems experience in developing end-to-end analytics solutions, including system configuration, model building, data security, and reporting.
- BA/BS degree, concentrations in Finance, Economics, and/or Accounting preferred
- Experience in corporate finance, BI, Data visualization, data science, or related fields
- Advanced Excel, Google Sheets, SQL and data visualization skills
- Knowledge of UI Path a plus
- Experience architecting business solutions that leverage the right technology
- Knowledge or experience of financial processes, especially Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Accounting, Workforce Planning, and Analytics.
- Experience advocating and proliferating best practices in reporting and analysis, including data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Self-starter, with strong ability to work with minimal direction and to set effective project plans while under deadlines
- Customer service mindset to build and foster dynamic working relationships with all internal customers through the company
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.