Spotify is seeking an exceptional candidate to join our content licensing team in Los Angeles or New York. The Associate Director’s primary focus will be to lead the evaluation, structuring, and negotiation of podcast & video content licensing deals for The Ringer. The Associate Director will work closely with creative, marketing, and advertising executives to manage a slate of podcast deals, and will help with ongoing strategy development, communication with key stakeholders, and the operationalization of new deals. The ideal candidate will have deep, proven expertise in the mechanics of dealmaking for the entertainment and/or digital content industries, with a strong background in sports, as well as the communication skills necessary to provide external and internal dealmaking leadership. This role will report to the Head of Podcast Content Licensing.
What You’ll Do
- You will structure and negotiate content development, production, and acquisition deals with talent and studios, with a focus on original and exclusive podcast licensing
- You will collaborate with key members of the Ringer team on content strategy, product and other experiences designed to evolve and grow Spotify’s podcast content offerings
- You will work closely with internal teams including Finance, Insights, Legal, and Growth to help advise on deal structures & performance
- You will collaborate with internal teams including, product, reporting and marketing to implement all deal terms
Who You Are
- You have received your business or law degree (MBA or JD equivalent) and have a minimum of five (5) years of legal, business affairs or content licensing experience, with strong experience working with sports leagues or networks
- You have experience in multinational media and/or technology organizations, and are comfortable working in high-growth environments
- You have deep technical expertise with legal and business issues relating to the development, production, and distribution of content (television experience is a plus)
- You have experience as a strong & effective communicator and negotiator
- You are a highly self-motivated individual, comfortable in dynamic environments and rapidly evolving business models
- You are skilled at crafting and implementing and organizing deal pipeline processes
- You have demonstrated good negotiation and interpersonal skills, and have worked well in business environments with multiple stakeholders
- You understand financial models and are able to craft and deliver presentations in Powerpoint and Keynote
- You are well organized with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail
- You are highly adaptable and are willing to adapt your role as the business grows and needs change
- You are willing to travel as needed
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.