As the world’s largest audio streaming subscription service, Spotify Premium enables millions of creators to make a living from their art by connecting them with the people who love it. It’s here that you’ll help grow our subscribers by growing the Premium experience, transforming user insights into meaningful innovations and ensuring our platform is available whenever and wherever our users want to listen.
We’re looking for highly motivated talent to join our global Spotify Premium Team to lead our subscriber efforts in Japan. The role will be based in Tokyo.
What You’ll Do
- Your mission will be to develop the strategy and action plan for Japan with the goal of driving paid subscriber growth
- You will be responsible for understanding customer, industry, and competitor trends and behaviours in the region (macro, external, internal) and based on that will identify and go after crucial elements needed to realise subscriber growth
- Execute marketing campaigns on owned and paid media to drive subscriber growth across the Spotify Premium portfolio
- Identify and define opportunities along the conversion funnel from marketing to payment and retention, working with internal teams and external partners to drive those initiatives
- You will be an important member of the global Premium team and work closely with our global functional teams in executing Premium growth and retention projects
- You will work closely with other teams in Japan (eg. consumer marketing, label relations, business development) to ensure that we maximise growth opportunities across all the business levers that we have at our disposal
- You will lead an existing team of passionate growth experts who you will work with to drive subscriber growth
Who You Are
- You have a minimum of 10 years professional experience with both working in a rigorous and analytical environment and at least 6 years’ professional experience in an online consumer business, probably in online media, paid digital service, etc
- You have a strategic mind and can derive insights, recommendations and action plans from qualitative market trends, consumer feedback and large data sets
- You have a proven track record of leading teams, executing complex projects independently and in getting things done in a larger organisation where you are not always in direct control of all the resources and competencies to get the job done
- You are also opportunistic and scrappy and can capture and execute opportunities as they arise, even under very tight deadlines
- You are comfortable with working with online user journeys, CRM and owned media optimisation
- You are experienced working with creative and media agencies to deliver online marketing campaigns that deliver measurable results
- You’re adept at writing a strategy and a business case to back it up
- You are comfortable using a range of tools to analyse business metrics and online marketing activities (eg. Google analytics)
- You don’t wait for others to do the job for you; when needed, you roll up your sleeves and execute things yourself
- You have a strong personality, are self-motivated and driven, and are comfortable working remotely from other team members and senior leaders but even so manage to stay in sync by being an excellent communicator
- You speak Japanese and English fluently
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree or a similar degree from a top ranked school
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.