Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for a Product Designer to be a design owner and partner with the technology and product teams on our key initiatives in our Core (mobile) Experience Team. Someone who is passionate about developing strategies based on insights of real people across the world, has the mastery of their craft to turn these insights into beautifully designed products (both interactions and visuals) and inspires the organization by showing/prototyping what is possible before it is built. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences audio.The Core Experience team consists of product areas focusing on talk audio, user identity, playlists, discovery journeys and more across our mobile experience. The team is growing in Gothenburg and will need a strong designer to contribute to the vision for how the Spotify app will evolve. You will be in Spotify’s Identity & Investment product area which plays a key role in plotting the vision for what Playlists mean to our users, how they curate and manage their favorite content, share, and engage in social listening.
What you’ll do
- Help lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle, from finding opportunities to designing and validating solutions. You will help set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate
- Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our teams focus on understanding how users connect to music in different parts of the world, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll provide the thought leadership to develop the right product strategy. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users
- You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, with support from your fellow designers and Design manager
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches, user flows, user stories and prototypes
- Work from our office in Gothenburg, Sweden
Who you are
- You have 2+ years of related experience designing at consumer-focused tech companies; with interest in designing for mobile, web, and connected devices
- You get nervous if you’re not sketching concepts, tweaking flows or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground
- You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have strong design chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio.
We’re looking for product designers to join us at multiple levels. We will have an open discussion throughout the interview process about assessing which level you fall within at Spotify.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.