Spotify is seeking a Business Analyst to join Financial Engineering’s Risk and Controls program, who will work closely with the Financial Engineering, Internal Audit, and Accounting teams. You’ll be focused on helping establish documentation requirements for systems teams, driving compliance across the Financial Engineering mission in line with Spotify’s SOX controls. This role will require an understanding of SOX and Internal Controls practices as well as experience in working with Technology teams. Additionally, you will serve as the expert on redesigning financial controls within the mission to ensure controls adapt and scale with Spotify’s growth.
What you’ll do
- Embedded within Financial Engineering, you will liaise with Accounting, Internal Audit, Compliance Engineering and Financial Engineering teams
- Gain a deep understanding of ITGCs and Application Controls and become our internal subject matter expert for questions on controls and compliance within Financial Engineering
- Partner with key stakeholders to improve and redesign and document controls to decrease manual efforts
- Analyze existing control processes in order to propose optimization and process improvement opportunities
- Transform ambiguous practices into sustainable and scalable solutions
- Drive change with an understanding of controls within Financial Engineering, anticipate needs, understand the risks and problem solve across teams
- Establish documentation requirements and assist in building out stakeholder friendly documentation with Engineering teams
- Communicate status and schedules and manage risks and dependencies
Who you are
- Prior Audit, Compliance or Risk Assurance experience required, CPA license preferred
- You have 5+ years experience in a business analyst or program management role within Engineering, FinTech or Finance departments
- Experience with Financial Systems (i.e., NetSuite, Coupa, Concur, in house systems, etc.) and/or Consulting Experience
- Knowledge of SDLC practices
- BA Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Desire to succeed in a data-driven, fast changing, and innovative environment
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills to all levels of management
- Ability to problem-solve, multitask, track and organize data, present to key stakeholders, and partner with internal and external customers
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.