Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
Spotify’s engineers are creative problem solvers focusing on building a fantastic music listening experience for millions around the world. They work together in autonomous teams that are responsible for their missions and independently identify, prioritize and solve the problems they face. If you are great at teamwork and also know how to design simple, efficient and testable software, then you’re the one we are looking for!
What you’ll do
- We are looking for a collaborative and proactive C++ Engineer that will join the Players squad, a part of the Playback tribe in Stockholm. The Players squad is responsible for providing APIs, core components (C++) and backend services (Java, C++) to enable track sequencing and playback behaviours for all Spotify clients and smart speakers. What we work on includes:
- Building and iterating on behaviors like shuffle, sorting and filtering, applying label licensing restrictions, inserting ads, transitioning between tracks, and managing the play queue.
- Enabling seamless resumption and transfer of listening sessions between different devices and at different points in time
- Interfacing with a large range of feature squads working on all the different client platforms, infrastructure and operations teams, as well as working closely with squads responsible for 3rd party integrations and Spotify Connect.
- Building and maintaining services that keep music playing around the world
Who you are
- You deeply value cooperation and collaboration with others while solving complex problems and you really want to make a difference.
- You are able to write clear, modular, maintainable code that will perform on many platforms and devices.
- You care about end-user experience, high quality code, agile values, modern engineering practices, and sharing what you know to help others grow.
- You have been working for a couple of years with software development and probably have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent such as Physics or Electrical Engineering
- You have strong written and spoken communication skills in English
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.