We are looking for an outstanding Sales Marketing Manager to join as a member of Spotify’s Commercial Solutions team to craft best in class marketing materials for our artist promotional tools!
You will work closely with both our Music Ad Sales team and our product teams to translate technical solutions into clear and concise marketing narratives. You know both the music and tech space well, and have an instinct for what people need to hear and how they should hear it.
The ideal candidate has storytelling in their DNA and is excited about finding creative and innovative ways to tell the unique story of how Spotify supports artists to build, engage and monetize their audience. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What You’ll Do
- Own pre sales efforts including storytelling, presentation decks and sales messaging materials.
- Work closely with the Music Ad Sales team to craft credible, impactful stories and creative ideas about how we deliver them.
- Work cross functionally between your colleagues on Commercial Solutions and Music Ad Sales to identify, develop and create proactive sales opportunities with a focus on packaging tools in the right way for the right customer
- Work with Sales Operations to craft unique marketing strategies and objectives across all existing sales channels while also identifying new opportunities to drive industry awareness and customer acquisition
- Work with Product Marketing to ensure new products are brought to market effectively, with an eye for how they evolve the existing tool suite
- You’ll be working from our New York City or Los Angeles office.
- You have a sales marketing background, ideally gained within a technology business and supporting Advertising Sales
- You have a strong understanding of the music industry landscape
- You have experience managing the development and implementation of marketing strategies on behalf of clients and agencies
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit with a proven track record of leading projects within a cross-functional environment
- You can manage and lead several projects and deliverables at one time
- You can problem-solve independently and in groups
- You can think strategically and creatively
- You have excellent time management, written and oral presentation skills
- You have a strong proficiency in PowerPoint and Photoshop
- You’re able and willing to travel 10-15% of the time
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.