At Spotify our mission is to provide the world’s best platform for artists, creators, and fans.
You will be a part of the Deal Operation and Data Insight Team.. The mission of this vertical is to manage the implementation of licensing deals, to track the commitments, to evaluate risks, and ultimately ensure compliance across Spotify’s Label & Publishing deals as well as Podcast deals. These are complex contracts where a large number of commitments are required by Spotify, spanning different functions and teams.
We are looking for a Compliance Operations Manager with a technical or engineering background and familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and other regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for reviewing the technical aspects of the deal implementation, such as performing code reviews of our deal implementations, performance of SOX key controls, and supporting the deal implementation team’s SOX and Music Modernization Act compliance efforts.
What You’ll Do
- Participate in designing and implementing SOX key controls related to our contract compliance obligations in accordance to Spotify’s SOX program requirements.
- Lead operational reviews to validate that critical contract configurations are designed, implemented and operating effectively.
- Support the SOX compliance process by preparing controls documentation for review by our Internal Audit and external auditor teams.
- Support Spotify’s enterprise risk assessment process by implementing mitigations for risks owned by the Deal Implementation vertical.
- Provide guidance and support to internal stakeholders (e.g. R&D and product teams) as they address control deficiencies or make significant process and system changes.
- Monitor product development and contracting cycles to ensure that changes to configurations continue to adhere to contractual obligations.
Who You Are
- You have a bachelor’s degree with a major in computer science, engineering, data science, MIS, or equivalent education focused on information systems.
- You have 6+ years of relevant experience in IT audit or hands-on experience in areas such as information security, data privacy, IT operations, or application development.
- You have domain expertise in technology, security, privacy, and/or music/entertainment.
- You have experience with cloud technology, especially Google Cloud Platform, and other cloud technology. Experience with SQL (such as BigQuery, PostgreSQL), Python, and other languages is a plus.
- You have experience and/or interest in emerging technologies, such as machine learning, process mining, robotic process automation, etc.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.