We’re looking for a Content Protection Manager to join our team in Mumbai, India. The Content Protection team at Spotify is responsible for enforcing our intellectual property policies on our content catalog ensuring that the consumer experience is free from infringing content and that the properties of our licensors are respected.
The team collaborates cross-functionally with Product, Tech, Legal, Trust & Safety, Support and other teams to develop sustainable and scalable solutions. The team is global and we have team members in New York, London, Stockholm, Dubai, and Seoul.
What You’ll Do
- Process different types of incoming infringement claims efficiently, including management of take down processes
- Liaise with our rights holders, claimants and internal teams such as our Legal departments
- Analyse and curate content on a daily basis to ensure content and our providers adhere to our Metadata Style Guide and Infringement Policy
- Continuously improve processes, tools and documentation regarding the handling of infringement claims
- Analyse and interpret data sets and create reports
- Work cross-functionally with a range of teams at Spotify including our Artist & Label teams, PR, Legal and R&D
- Communicate complex technical problems and solutions to non-technical internal and external partners in an understandable way
- Troubleshoot infringement related issues and escalate accordingly
Who You Are
- You are fluent in English and Hindi. Working knowledge of additional regional languages would be a bonus e.g. Tamil, Telugu, Punjabi
- You have at least two years of relevant experience in the music industry
- You have experience of supply chain management
- You have a strong understanding of and an interest in music, podcasts, copyright and technology especially when it comes to the Indian market
- You can build strong working relationships with external providers
- You are capable to meet tight deadlines and will be focused on execution
- You have a systematic approach to identify solutions
- You are adaptable, and a quick learner who thrives in a rapidly changing environment
- You are a multi-tasker, with excellent time-management and organisational skills
- You are analytically minded and competent to interpret complex data
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.