Spotify is reimagining the creator and consumer experience, partnering with artists, labels and publishers to help them better understand and engage their fanbase. Join us in the Creator Marketplace team, and you won’t just organise the world’s audio so that it is safer, instant and more intelligent. Or create the commercial models that help artists thrive. You’ll be at the centre of Spotify’s mission to bring artists and their fans closer together through unique content.
Spotify is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Content Platform engineering organization. Content Platform is a central enabler for Spotify. Together, our teams ensure that Spotify has a complete, available and enriched catalog of music, podcasts, videos and more.
Come join our team of hardworking engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability and continued development. You will build the data pipelines that power our application, scale highly distributed systems, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scalding, Scio, Storm, Spark and the Google Cloud Platform.
- Use best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, ML experts and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
Who you are
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience working in a product-driven environment
- You know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop, BigTable, and Cassandra.
- You know how to write distributed, high-volume services in Java or Scala.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You understand the value of collaboration within teams.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 230 million users.