Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are hiring software engineers who are very enthusiastic about data to focus on building structured, high-quality data solutions. These solutions will be used to evolve our products bringing better experiences to our 200+ million users and the global artist community alike. We are processing petabytes of data using tools such as BigQuery, Dataflow and Pub/Sub. When needed, we also develop our own data tooling such as Scio, a Scala API for Apache Beam, and Luigi, a Python framework for scheduling. Telemetry is a small team based in Stockholm and Gothenburg focusing on accelerating insights, increasing analytical capabilities, reporting metrics and building data-driven end-user features.
What You’ll Do
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks such as Scio, Spark on Google Cloud Platform.
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Help drive optimisation, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with other Software Engineers, ML Engineers, Data Scientists and other stakeholders, taking on learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Create and maintain metrics datasets as well as dashboards that power data driven decisionsWork in an agile team to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
- Work on machine learning projects powering the experience that suits each user individually
Who You Are
- You have Data Engineering experience and you know how to work with high- volume, heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop, BigTable, Cassandra, GCP, AWS or Azure.
- You know Scala language well, and are interested in spreading this knowledge in the team
- You have experience with one or more higher-level JVM-based data processing frameworks such as Beam, Dataflow, Crunch, Scalding, Storm, Spark, Flink etc.
- You might have worked with Docker as well as Luigi, Airflow, or similar tools.
- You are passionate about crafting clean code and have experience in coding and building data pipelines
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You understand the value of collaboration and partnership within teams.
- If you have experience with (of interest in) product management, that would be a plus, but it’s not required.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.