The Royalties and Reporting tribe (RoaR) at Spotify is based within the broader Financial Engineering org.
We are responsible for transforming billions of daily streams into accurate royalty payments that enable artists to live off their art.
Royalties are at the heart of Spotify’s mission, which means that our team contributes to highly visible initiatives across the company. It also means that we have a duty to understand a large number of business domains and systems to know how we can best support Spotify.
We are looking for engineers who bring innovative ideas from diverse areas, including distributed computing, system architecture design, networking and data storage, CI/CD, and many others.
We expect our engineers to be collaborative, display leadership qualities, and be passionate about tackling problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Spotify works extensively with Google Cloud Platform technologies such as DataFlow, GKE, BigQuery, and Cloud Pub/Sub, and builds on top of them with open-source frameworks such as Scio.
Our team solves problems with Scala, Python, Java, SQL, Jupyter Notebooks, whiteboards, and sticky notes.
We are XP and we are Agile, in a uniquely Spotify way.
What you will do:
- Explore new ways of producing, processing, and analysing data in order to gain insights into key metrics such as revenue and cash.
- Design, develop, and test data-driven products and features that can handle millions of financial events per day
- Work with state-of-the-art data processing frameworks, technologies, and platforms
- Improve data quality through testing, tooling and continuously evaluating the performance
- Work with other software engineers, business stakeholders and decision-makers, such as product managers, to build solutions and gain novel insights.
- Act as the bridge between our technology and finance departments and reinvent outdated, monolithic financial processes
- Work in multi-functional agile teams with end-to-end responsibility for product development and delivery
- Work from one of our awesome offices in central Stockholm (Sweden)
Who you are:
- You don’t like leaving questions unanswered and you love exploring/understanding data
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and testability.
- You are passionate about crafting clean code and have a steady foundation in coding and building data pipelines
- You love visualising your data findings in a clear and easy to understand way and to capture corner cases of implementations
- You are interested in being the glue between engineering and finance
As a critical component of the business, we hold ourselves to a high standard of engineering excellence. We build systems that will survive for years in a constantly evolving landscape. We move fast without breaking things.
Operating at Spotify scale, means that we are always on the bleeding edge of data intensive computing. Working with hundreds of labels and publishers around the world, each with their own unique set of constraints, means that we are constantly wrangling high levels of complexity and tackling problems previously unsolved in the industry.
As Spotify grows, we are always experimenting with creative solutions that will enable our internal and external users, and the artists that we empower, to grow with us. We are revolutionizing the music industry – want to join the band?
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.