We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the Creator team – Spotify’s division dedicated to helping artists thrive. Creator’s mission is to build features and services that help artists (and their teams) grow an audience, monetize their fans, and make their best art. A key focus of that mission is to empower artists using Spotify for Artists with measurable marketing tools that find new listeners and activate existing fans.
In this role, you will look after the full lifecycle for campaign creation and management, enabling artist teams to reach their biggest fans on Spotify. In doing so, you will be on the front lines of bringing Spotify’s two-sided marketplace vision to life.
What you’ll do:
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract meaningful insights that will help drive Spotify’s strategy across promotional products
- Work on data projects that balance the needs of our two sided marketplace, considering promotional goals of artists, with listener enjoyment and discovery
- Work on end-to-end projects to ensure your findings are executed and tested in a desired way
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of data scientists, product managers, engineers, designers, and others across the company who are passionate about Spotify’s two-sided marketplace
- Define the metrics we use to measure the health of our promotional tools
- Work from our offices in Boston, and collaborate with our teams in New York, as needed
Who you are:
- You have a deep understanding of numbers, a strong business sense, and understanding of marketplace dynamics
- You have at least 3+ years of experience in a similar data scientist role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- You have substantial experience with A/B testing, from creating success metrics, running power analyses, determining statistical significance, and communicating those findings with clear product recommendations or implications
- Coding skills (Python or R)
- Analytics tools experience (SQL)
- Data visualization experience (Tableau), and understand how data visualization can be used as a powerful communication tool
- You’re a compelling storyteller who can communicate in succinct and inspiring ways to a variety of audience types to influence real world product or feature decisions
- Passionate about serving creators and in improving the music economy for all
- Experience leading sophisticated critical initiatives. Distinctive problem-solving and analysis skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.