As the world’s largest audio streaming subscription service, Spotify Premium enables millions of creatives to make a living from their art by connecting them with the people who love it. Research & Development deep dives into user behaviour to create a more valuable and meaningful experience for subscribers. It’s here that you’ll grow our audience and our platform, working with many disciplines across many locations to build innovative and tech-powered product solutions.
Do you want to help guide the core business of Spotify using insights from analyses and data?
The mission of our team is to bring Spotify Premium to more users across the globe and to constantly evolve and improve our offering. You’ll be an essential partner in guiding decisions for shaping the Premium of the future. At your fingertips you’ll have access to petabytes of data, and will get the opportunity to be creative with how you drive insights from that. Above all, your insights will impact the way the world experiences music.
You will work with a global team of world-class analysts, data scientists, business leaders and engineers. We are all passionate about what we do and move forward with high impact projects at a high pace. Learning and improving is part of our daily routine, and you will be free to develop your own skills and ways of working.
What you’ll do
- Drive business decisions and help tailor our offerings, by analyzing troves of data
- Work with business leaders & developers to understand the change they are driving, help them discover new opportunities, and forecast the impact of new business initiatives
- Design custom analyses to answer strategic business questions. Very little of your work will be standard, out-of-the-box analysis.
- Be an expert and sounding board to our business managers and partners
- Define KPIs and build data pipelines and dashboards to track them
Who you are
- 3+ years of professional experience in data science, analytics, research, consulting or other meaningful fields
- Comfortable analyzing large datasets with statistical rigor using tools such as SQL, Python, R, SAS, Stata, or other programming languages
- An ambitious person who enjoys tackling loosely defined problems
- You bias toward delivering actionable insights quickly rather than constructing the most technically complex model.
- Have great interpersonal skills and value building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders. You have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms to a variety of audiences
- Interested in or have experience with business strategy or management consulting
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.