We are looking for Data Scientist interns to join our Analytic teams. Your mission is to turn terabytes of data into insights and get a deep understanding of the world of music and listeners. Together with us you will study user behaviour, evaluate central initiatives and experiment with new features. You will perform analyses on large sets of data to extract meaningful insights that will help drive decisions across the business. Communicate data-led insights and recommendations to team members and other teams within Spotify. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Work in a multi-functional team of data scientists, data engineers, product managers and engineers who are passionate about our consumer experience across platforms and partners.
- Engage broadly with your team to identify, prioritize, frame, and structure sophisticated and ambiguous challenges, where analytics projects or tools can have the biggest impact.
- Articulate business questions and use mathematical techniques to generate answers using data.
Who you are
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Maths, Statistics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field of study
- You have dabbled in Data Science practices via prior internships, coursework, and/or projects
- You have experience in working with Python, Statistics & SQl
- You have an understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- You have some experience with Java or C++ and care about quality and know what it means to ship high-quality code
- You are currently in your final or penultimate year of your studies.
The Intern Experience
This is your chance to help craft the way the world listens, learn more about what we do, how we do it – and why that matters. We’re looking for enthusiastic students with a passion for audio experiences and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship, you’ll make an impact and play a real part in the success of Spotify, All over one unforgettable summer!
If that’s you, tell us who you are, what you care about, and where you want to go.
Our paid summer internships last for 10-13 weeks and start at the beginning of June. The last day to apply is November 22nd, 2020 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
Late November 2020 – Mid January 2021: Application Review
Early December 2020 – March 2021: Interviews
January 2021 – April 2021: Offers given out
June 2021: Intern program start
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.