Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for a Developer Advocate Manager that will join the Developer Experience (DX) team in London or work remote within Europe. You will be responsible for managing our team of Developer Advocates, including supporting their career growth, and driving Spotify’s developer relations strategy.
What you’ll do
- Define and drive Spotify’s internal & external developer relations vision and roadmap
- Lead and grow your co-workers into a well-functioning and visionary team that the rest of the industry consider a role model for how to do developer relations right
- Foster a dynamic, visionary, collaborative, inclusive and healthy team culture that celebrates wins and cherish the learning opportunity from any failures
- Design new and compelling career growth paths in the developer relations field at Spotify
- Continuously measure and report on developer community growth and business impact for Spotify
- Craft and run developer market and segmentation analyses to ensure Spotify has a deep understanding of where the maximum adoption growth and impacts are for the public APIs and libraries
- Work from our central Spotify office in London and travel as necessary to other Spotify or partner locations. We are also open to a remote position within Europe
Who you are
- You have led teams and are passionate about growing and managing people to their full potential
- You have managed internal and external stakeholders at all levels, and thrive in making sure relationships are good
- You are experienced with strategy planning and creating solid roadmaps
- You are empathetic, a phenomenal cross-functional communicator, and an even better active listener
- You care deeply about developers and understand their process and frustrations, primarily because you have past technical experience working as a software developer or in a related field
- You have a thorough understanding of developer relations, developer evangelism, developer advocacy, developer platforms, and communities
- You have run platformized programs, especially aimed at developers
- You love public speaking and actively speak at events, especially in technical subjects
- You have written beginner-friendly, inspiring, and engaging technical content and documentation related to APIs and SDKs
- You have experience in systemized approaches leading to direct product and business improvements through a well-functioning feedback process
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.