The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager in Boston with expertise in high-scale, machine-learning-driven systems to give management to engineers and leadership to teams in our Personalization Platform product area. The Personalization Platform helps power Spotify’s personalized features whether listening experiences like Your Daily Drive and Daily Mix or means of exploration like Search and Home. It is built by technologists, product insight specialists, designers, and product managers in both Boston and New York, with customers in those offices as well as Stockholm and London.
What You’ll Do
- Serve a group of engineers as manager through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and career development
- Be a leader of one or more teams, taking accountability for delivery and technological health. This happens through technological coaching in everything from architectural vision to operational excellence and through collaboration with product management in setting and executing against the right goals
- Give leadership to other efforts that fit your passion and Spotify’s needs in collaboration with other managers and engineers in the product area or across Spotify
Who You Are
- You thrive when helping individuals develop to be their best
- You are passionate about creative, high-scale products that are driven by machine-learning and the meaningful challenges they can address, especially Spotify’s mission to unlock the potential of human creativity
- You love staying up-to-date with the state-of-the-art in machine learning and/or distributed systems through review of research
- You understand the value of agile development in enabling highly effective teams
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.