Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead one of the teams developing and innovating on Spotify’s Podcast user experience. You’ll help develop and grow a diverse mix of Android, iOS, QA and backend engineers to deliver cutting edge functionality for Spotify’s Podcast & Talk Formats experience and build a strong technical foundation for talk audio to thrive. In addition to working closely with your engineers, you’ll collaborate with your product and design counterparts, as well as fellow engineering managers in the Podcast & Talk Formats area. You’ll lead one of the four teams owning Spotify’s core podcast and talk audio experience: two in London and two, including your team and their counterpart team, in Stockholm. This position is based in Stockholm.
As an engineering manager at Spotify your primary responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at Spotify. You also lead the delivery of the team, enabling great ways-of-work, focus on the most important things, and long term business value.
As a lead for strong engineers in our software development department, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
What You’ll do
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with what we value
- Be an active part of the closest leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
- You will be based in Stockholm, but occasionally travel globally
Who You Are
- You love developing and growing people and have a proven track record doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high quality software together with them
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.