The User Platform (UP) tribe is a tribe in Spotify’s Platform mission. The Platform mission is responsible for building the tooling and support platforms for the engineering teams at Spotify. UP owns the platforms for authentication, authorization, user account data and user experience configuration at Spotify. UP was formed with the mission to enhance its technologies and move up the stack to provide a secure platform with reusable components that can be used in many different surfaces to help users log-in and manage their account data. UP is also working with teams around Spotify to help them experiment and customize the user experience in new and more refined ways.
We are looking for a strong, engaged engineering manager to lead a team of engineers who are passionate about providing a trustworthy and friction free login experience and account management for hundreds of millions of users.
The teams in User Platform are responsible for many of the core services needed for Spotify to run (e.g. login, user data, etc. for 286M+ customers worldwide). We build highly-available and high throughput solutions to enable the world access to music.
As a leader of one of these teams your primary responsibility will be growing these engineers so they can do valuable work and generally have a great time at Spotify. You will also be responsible for delivery management of the team. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
What you’ll do
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organisational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be an active part of the tribe leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation
- You will be based in Stockholm, but occasionally travel globally
Who you are
- You love developing and growing people and have a tracked record doing it
- You have a background in software development
- You have experience working with a diverse set of stakeholders and helping them understand the trade-offs to different product and technical decisions
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high quality software together with them
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.