We are seeking an EU Government Affairs Manager to join our Government Affairs team based in Brussels.
Spotify is the world’s leading audio streaming platform, founded and headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity – by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it. Today, our 299 million users can discover, manage and share over 60 million tracks, including more than 1.5 million podcast titles, for free via our Premium, ad-free service.
Spotify’s EU office was established in 2017. The EU team leads Spotify’s interactions with European and Member State policymakers, civil society, and industry on policy and regulatory issues that matter to Spotify’s business, its culture and values.
What you will do:
- Be an active member of Spotify’s Global Government Affairs team, driving Spotify’s policy agenda in Europe
- Interact with EU and national policymakers on issues that impact Spotify’s business
- Collaborate closely with Legal, Communications and Business teams to analyse legislative initiatives, advise on risks and opportunities, and develop company policy positions and messaging
- Work with non-governmental stakeholders, including companies, trade associations and civil society
- Help to organise/attend events in Brussels
Who you are:
- 5-8+ years of experience in EU Government affairs
- A focus on positive results
- Experience in interacting with EU institutions, in particular EU Parliament and Council
- Excellent understanding of tech sector & policy (expertise in competition and platform policy, data & AI policy, and/or digital content issues an asset), and ability to rapidly understand and master complex policy issues
- Expertise on regulatory issues
- Strong communications skills & attention to detail
- Ability to work with a cross section of stakeholders, including trade associations, companies, civil society
- Ability to work independently/ self-starter in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Team player with a positive attitude, motivation and a sense of humour
- Full English proficiency, additional languages an asset
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.