Spotify is looking for a Full-Stack/Backend Engineer to join our Marketplace Core team to help us build the underlying platform capabilities that empower our industry-facing products. You’ll be at the heart of Spotify’s mission to enable artists’ and creators’ success by building a consistent and reliable enterprise-grade platform to serve the needs of our customers!
You will join our fast paced, innovative team of engineers who are tackling challenging architecture problems and collaborating across teams to develop reliable, scalable solutions that power the Spotify marketplace.
What you’ll do
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team.
- Deliver testable, maintainable and high-quality code and take operational responsibility for the components that you develop.
- Author and circulate technical RFCs to document approaches.
- Collaborate with engineers, product owners, and designers to provide tooling and a platform that unlocks administrative capabilities for Spotify teams.
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with challenging tasks to tackle and the freedom to acquire new skills in hack time, reading groups, lectures and a variety of internal training courses.
Who you are
- Have at least 4 years of professional experience in software development.
- Experienced in back-end development with Java and managing system uptime and reliability.
- Value having fun, staying positive, and learning new things, and enjoy working closely together with your team to bring value to your partners.
- Proud about what you do, and have a high interest in keeping up with current standard methodologies in your areas of expertise.
- Have a solid understanding of cloud platforms like AWS or GCP.
- Collaborative and a team-first player who sees the value in pairing and mobbing and can also work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.