Spotify is looking for a Full-Stack Engineer to join our Marketplace Core team to help us build the underlying platform capabilities that empower our industry-facing products. You’ll be at the heart of Spotify’s mission to enable artists’ and creators’ success by unlocking payment capabilities that enable them to thrive!
You’ll join a fast-moving, innovative team of talented engineers tackling challenging architecture problems and collaborating across teams to develop reliable, scalable solutions.
What you’ll do
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional team.
- Collaborate with other teams to architect scalable, reliable, high-availability systems that integrate with Spotify’s payments platform.
- Deliver testable, maintainable, and high-quality code and take operational responsibility for the components that you develop.
- Author and circulate technical RFCs to document approaches.
- Collaborate with engineers, product owners, and designers to tackle exciting and challenging problems that enable Spotify commerce.
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with challenging tasks to tackle and the freedom to acquire new skills in hack time, reading groups, lectures and a variety of internal training courses.
Who you are
- Familiar with backend development, and comfortable jumping into our Java microservices.
- Care about web technologies, user experience, and design.
- Comfortable and confident in a fast-paced environment working on greenfield projects.
- Proud about what you do, and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise.
- Collaborative and a team-first player who sees the value in pairing, mobbing and can also work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.