Spotify listeners, creators and employees trust us to provide a safe digital platform that protects any sensitive information they share with us. Spotify Security is a distributed team that champions and delivers on initiatives with Spotify’s autonomous teams to ensure that our organization keeps information security appropriately prioritized and that the trust we have with these stakeholders is well-deserved. We focus on raising security awareness, providing security intelligence and building tools to enable these teams to feel a shared sense of responsibility for security and privacy concerns. We aim to constantly improve the security posture of our organization by iterating on our tooling and process.
The Spotify Security team is looking to advance our in-house Incident Response capabilities. If identifying threats and adversaries and stopping cyber attacks excites you, if hunting for threats and preparing the organization to handle security incidents gets your heart pumping, if you are up for the challenge to manage security incidents and drive enterprise wide efforts for containment and response, you might want to consider joining us!
What you’ll do
- You will utilize your background in cloud technology and incident response to act as a subject matter expert in security incident response
- You will drive automation of existing processes to allow Investigators to spend more time on analysis
- You will research, develop, and validate incident response and investigative techniques in a rapidly evolving environment
- You will define and continuously improve processes to enhance incident response and investigative processes
- You will build scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance and automate Spotify’s incident response capabilities and processes
- You will provide expert-level support for problems that cannot be resolved by primary support roles, training, mentoring, and reporting by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- You will provide remediation guidance and manage incidents
- You will organize and participate in regular post-mortems to educate stakeholders and drive improvements in response capabilities
Who you are
- You have developed, maintained and matured enterprise level incident response programs
- You have industry experience in security operations, Incident Response and managing security incidents
- You have an understanding of Incident response methodologies and can assist with coordinating security incidents
- You have experience working at Internet scale
- You have experience with cloud environments, preferable Google Cloud Platform
- You recognize and organize attacker tools, tactics, and procedures in indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be applied to current and future investigations
- You have experience with intrusion detection, log analysis, security event management and related tools
- You have been involved with incident response activities and experience with threat hunting exercises
- You have the coding skills, experience, and engineering mindset for building reliable, maintainable security infrastructure and drive automation of Incident Response capabilities in cloud environments
- You have the ability to understand, analyze and correlate security events and recommend and implement counter-measures to mitigate against intrusion attack
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 230 million users.