At Spotify, we’re passionate about providing the right music for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and built a service that people use to discover and share music they love. We’re currently in 52 markets and growing fast.
We are seeking to recruit an outstanding professional to join our Publishing Licensing team. Reporting to the Head of Global Publishing Licensing based in London, the Licensing Director will be responsible for the commercial strategy and execution of our publishing licenses across the Americas. The right candidate will serve as an advocate and ambassador for the Spotify platform, whilst ensuring that rightsholders are fully aligned to support the ongoing growth and development of Spotify.
What You’ll Do
- You will be responsible to help set and lead the commercial strategy for the publishing licensing team across the Americas.
- You will initiate, negotiate and close key music publishing licenses across the Americas.
- You will be the point of interface for rightsholders across the Americas.
- You will provide support to the wider commercial and legal licensing team on broader commercial initiatives and strategic planning.
- You will work cross-functionally daily with internal teams including Legal, Finance, Publishing Operations, Publisher Relations and Accounting to set strategy, optimise deal flows and implement deal terms.
- You will work strategically with other internal business teams to ensure that the publishing licenses in the Americas reflect and accommodate Spotify’s evolving business needs.
Who You Are
- You have at least a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 10+ years of working experience in content licensing and/or business affairs, preferably in the music publishing industry.
- You have knowledge of the digital music landscape; key stakeholders, business models, market dynamics and opportunities.
- You have a deep understanding of music copyright laws and regulations across the Americas (in particular in the United States), the publishing licensing landscape and the challenges and opportunities the music industry faces today.
- You have experience in deal structuring, deal analysis, strategic planning and as a strong and effective communicator and negotiator.
- You are a confident and articulate presenter, both to small and large audiences at a senior level.
- You are a highly self-motivated individual and independent worker and are comfortable in fast paced environments and rapidly evolving business models.
- You have demonstrated good negotiation and interpersonal skills, and have worked well in business environments with multiple stakeholders.
- You are well organized with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail.
- You are highly adaptable and are willing to adapt your role as the business grows and needs change.
- You are experienced at working across different cultures and time zones.
- You have excellent analytical and numerical skills. You can build and explain financial models and have strong spreadsheet skills.
- You enjoy working in a dynamic and international team and working closely with a number of internal stakeholders. You are comfortable working in high-growth environments.
- You are fluent in both written and spoken English, fluency in Spanish is desirable.
- You are willing to travel as needed.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.