Every year, millions of listeners from around the world join Spotify. Vital to this growth is our ability to communicate with every one of them in a personal, clear, and authentic manner regardless of language or cultural background. This is where you come in. Our Localization Program is growing and you will work from our Stockholm’s office and will work closely alongside your colleagues in New York to further enhance and support our localization team’s mission and vision. As Localization Manager, you will be in charge of maintaining our tone of voice in every language while also ensuring we respect our customers’ cultural preferences and more. With the 20+ languages already supported, you’ll be fundamental to Spotify’s success around the world.
What you’ll do
- Manage localization projects for product, marketing campaigns, CRM, e-mails, and web content, oversee localization and QA workflow, and make sure that every deadline is being kept.
- Ensure work is done within budget and that vendors adhere to their service level agreement.
- Lead meetings and work closely with cross-functional teams of designers, product owners, internal reviewers, engineers, marketers, and others across the company, passionate about Spotify’s success. You will facilitate communication of localization requirements, share insights, resolve any issues and ensure that we operate in line with our overall localization strategy.
- Share best practices and evangelize our localization efforts.
- Review, prioritize, and track the resolution of bugs that affect localized product content quality and functionality.
- Develop and implement processes to increase efficiency, and manage cost and time to market for localized versions.
- Together with your teammates, research and incorporate industry best practices and innovation into our localization and translation strategy.
- Test possible tools and technologies to enable the team’s strategic goals.
- Give input to budget and follow up on costs related to translations.
- Work on project retrospective with our stakeholders.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and presentations.
- Report to our Lead Localization Manager located in our New York HQ.
Who you are
- Solid experience as Localization Project Manager in a deadline-driven role with accountability for delivering projects with multiple components and multiple stakeholders and collaborators.
- Previous vendor management experience.
- Jira user.
- Experience working with TMS, CMS and other translation and content management tools.
- Experience working with remote team members.
- Excellent track record in delivering global products, and understanding of localization challenges.
- Creative as well as strategic thinker who can demonstrate strong organizational and management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- You’re comfortable with constant change, in your role, around you, in the team. You embrace it and try to make the most of each new opportunity.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.