The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
The Lifetime Value team within Personalization is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager in New York City. You will be contributing to a highly scaled ML platform that will be used to evaluate the ROI of critical company bets, drive value-based recommendations and decisions, and predict complex user behaviors in collaboration with business leads, product managers, and data scientists across many business units. The long term goal of the team is to apply best-in-class technology and research to drive value for both our users and our business.
What You’ll Do
- Lead one or more teams of multi-discipline engineers, taking accountability for delivery of a production-scale ML platform, and overseeing technological health
- Coach engineers’ architectural vision, operational excellence, and career development
- Collaborate with product management to set and execute the right goals, and coordinate delivery against those goals with our partner teams in research and data science
- Provide leadership to other efforts that fit your passion and Spotify’s needs at the intersection of other product areas, business units, and across Spotify
- In partnership with a product manager and a team of engineers, develop a deep understanding of the long term behavior of our users and what drives it, working to model those user needs with cutting-edge ML techniques
- Foster a strong partnership with the platform teams that provide tools and data to our product-focused teams
Who You Are
- You thrive when helping individuals develop to be their best
- You thrive when shipping phenomenal products that meet users’ needs
- You are passionate about creative machine-learning-driven products, specifically user behavior models, and the substantial challenges they can address, especially within Spotify’s mission to unlock the potential of human creativity
- You have experience in cultivating a strong agile engineering culture by building and empowering highly effective teams to learn quickly and deliver value through rapid iteration
- You are an experienced manager with strong people skills and mentorship and leadership experience
- You have previous industry experience with the application of machine learning to predict user behaviors, particularly how to scale such models to hundreds of millions of users
- You love staying up-to-date with the state-of-the-art in machine learning and causal inference through review of research
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.