Spotify’s Content Unit is home to the creators, curators and partnership teams that fill Spotify with the music and podcasts our users love.
Our Content Insights team sits at the intersection of art and science. It employs market and user research disciplines to illuminate the ways creative factors and audience dynamics craft the listening experience. The team works alongside a broader community of 20+ data scientists and content strategists to help guide Spotify’s content decisions.
We are looking for an experienced market researcher to join the team, working across both our music and podcast initiatives.
In this role you will design, execute and analyze research that informs Spotify’s music curation, podcast creation and content marketing efforts. You will help both US and global teams understand audience segments, consumer preferences, competitive trends and creative insights that will drive Spotify’s strategy in becoming the #1 audio company in the world.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and execute both qualitative and quantitative research projects to illuminate the consumption preferences of music and podcast listeners
- Run content and marketing tests, gauging audience reactions to creative executions
- Analyze brand tracking studies to assess competitive standing and audience opportunities
- Work on audience segmentation and profiles to guide creative focus and marketing efforts
- Commission and oversee work from external research vendors
- Collaborate with other Insights teams/individuals across the organization
- Work from our office in NYC or Los Angeles
Who you are:
- 4 to 6 years of demonstrated experience in market research, particularly around music, podcasts or television
- Experience leading qualitative studies (e.g. crafting discussion guides, conducting in-depth interviews, synthesizing findings)
- Experience leading survey-related research (e.g., questionnaires, advanced sampling and weighting strategies)
- Work with respondent or user-level data
- Skilled in the necessary analysis tools (SPSS, Qualtrics). Experience using Tableau, R and/or Python are preferred
- Experience bridging the gap between quantitative and qualitative data streams
- Able to provide structure and rigor to ambiguous problems
- Outstanding interpersonal skills—you have experience leading projects involving cross-functional teams
- Inherently curious and go above and beyond if you find data taking you in interesting and/or unexpected places
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.