At Spotify, we are reinventing the music and audio industry by changing how people create, consume, and pay for content. We’re doing this by not only having an extraordinary team to build out the core music and podcast service that you know and love, but also by developing the best people, technology and products.
We are looking for a committed & outstanding Operations Generalist & Assistant to join the Financial Engineering mission in NYC. You will support the VP with daily administrative and operational tasks. Working closely with the Operations team, you’ll help us create a highly efficient & dynamic workplace while we continue to work remotely into 2021. As an integral member of the Financial Engineering mission, you’ll work with cross functional teams across NYC & Stockholm to help fulfill our goals of accelerating Spotify’s growth and performance with trusted financial platforms, providing valuable data and insights for our partners.
In this position, you will work closely with the VP & Operations team on executing strategic initiatives and managing the successful planning, execution, and measurement of the mission’s virtual events program. You’ll also partner with teams across the rest of the organization, leveraging these relationships to increase alignment and transparency. Above all, you will have the opportunity to truly grow your career at Spotify and your work will help impact the way the world experiences music & audio.
What you’ll do
- Manage the daily workload of the VP such as calendar management and expense reporting, logistics, providing ongoing support
- Organize & help prepare team meetings including agendas and minutes
- Create & maintain effective communications in the form of emails, newsletters, blog posts, presentations, etc for the VP directly as well as the larger mission as needed
- Coordinate & oversee virtual mission events by partnering with Operations, such as hosting virtual lunch & learns, all hands, teambuilding, happy hours, and trainings; ensure successful delivery of hybrid in-person/virtual events (following local NYC guidelines)
- Partner with FP&A, HR, and Ops for ongoing needs, such as headcount planning and forecasting process, ensure compliance to budget, expenses, and reconciliation in coordination with internal teams
- Assist in onboarding of new employees & vendors; help revamp the process as needed while embracing a virtual/remote mindset
- Oversee ad-hoc projects as needed
Who you are
- You have 3+ years of coordinator or assistant experience in a professional environment
- You have strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills – you’re willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done.
- You exhibit curiosity and proactively solve problems in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment while embracing change.
- You bring a positive attitude & optimistic mindset with a passion for the Spotify brand
- You embrace a virtual event landscape, staying aware of current trends and best practices for working with remote teams
- You are a talented multitasker and can work autonomously
- You are a team player who can communicate clearly and persuasively with internal and external stakeholders
- You are tech savvy, proficient with Google products, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Slack
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.