Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
Are you passionate about and excel in fostering speed and agility in cross functional teams that obsess about consumers? We are seeking Operations Managers to join our Operations function in Spotify’s Experience Mission. In the Experience Mission we set the vision and strategies for Spotify’s consumer experience propositions across platforms. By the end of 2020 we will be about 600 people in four tribes (business areas) and close to 50 cross functional teams located between Stockholm, Gothenburg and London. As an Operations Manager you will be accountable for driving operational excellence in one of our tribes. You will report to the Experience Mission’s Operations Lead.
What you’ll do
- Focusing on the tribe’s teams, you’ll be accountable for fostering a learning culture that optimizes for speed and agility while obsessing about the consumer
- You’ll be accountable for the way the tribe plan and follow up work across teams
- You’ll foster clarity and transparency of the tribe’s strategies, priorities, progress and impact by owning the internal communication strategy across communication channels
- You’ll drive a wide types of projects across teams in the tribe
- You’ll own the tribe’s operational rhythm (calendar) and make sure that it is clear, maintains a healthy cadence and aligns with the Experience Mission and company-wide events
- You’ll collaborate with the tribe’s leadership, key stakeholders and teams to make sure that you consciously iterate and improve the operational solutions
- You’ll be part of the Experience Mission’s Operations function where you will share learnings and discuss how to improve operational solutions in individual tribes and across the Mission
Who you are
- You’ve extensive experience, and are recognized for your ability to create learning cultures that optimize for speed and agility in fast paced, consumer focused and technology driven companies
- You’ve 5+ years of experience from leading R&D operational practices in fast growing technology companies
- You’ve proven experience running highly effective agile cross functional teams (working with software engineering, product, design, insight) that deliver consumer products and have fun while doing it
- You have been successfully operating in complex organizations, initiating and driving initiatives spanning across multiple functions (Product, Design, Engineering, etc.)
- You’re comfortable navigating ambiguity and have the ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making abilities
- You have proven track record of leading and effectuating change without authority
- You understand the importance of providing clear rationales for teams and excel in doing so
- You’re a strategic thinker and proactive problem solver with the ability to transform goals into actionable plans
- You’re data informed in your work and understand what agile is all about
- You’re extremely organized, even when you’re not in control
- You are an excellent communicator
- You’ve worked with stakeholders at all levels
- You’re collaborative and open minded and thrive in fast changing environment
- You are anxious to learn and grow, and to help others do the same
- You make those around you successful
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.