The Ringer is looking for a Producer to join its audio team. In this role, the Producer will be the day-to-day lead and own end-to-end production on a few shows from Ringer’s sports and pop culture podcast portfolio. The Producer will be based in Los Angeles and report to the Podcast Lead.
What You’ll Do
- Manage shows, including scheduling, aiding in creating content plans, engineering, and editing episodes. This means working with hosts to create a steady production cadence and completing all the post-production yourself.
- Oversee shows, working with team members to help them improve their technical skills
- Collaborate with internal teams including editorial, marketing, and operations to program your shows in concert with broader Ringer content plans
- Coordinate production with Spotify operations teams to facilitate ad production as well
- Contribute and implement fresh ideas to keep content exciting and innovative, including the development of themes, formats and concepts for upcoming episodes.
- Possibility of working off hours (i.e. nights and weekends) to accommodate producing reactive podcasts covering sports news
Who You Are
- At least 7 years experience producing podcasts, including editing and engineering studio sessions
- Familiarity with remote production
- Proficiency with ProTools
- Expertise with and enthusiasm for the NBA and NFL
- Interest in pop culture, nerd culture, and internet culture
- Ability to maintain a high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Low ego, solution-oriented person adept at managing multiple projects at onceExcellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work under pressure, and ease with people from different cultural and educational backgrounds
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.