We’re looking for a passionate Product Analytics Manager to join our fast growing Royalties and Reporting (RoaR) team in NYC.
Working in this area of Spotify involves working with systems used to implement the contracts we have with our rightsholders, and making sure that we pay timely and accurately for the content our users have consumed. Our systems provide key financial results and essential insights to the entire company and its data community.
We are around 50 people in the Royalty tech team today, located across Stockholm and New York. Our task is to provide a royalty platform to the rest of the organisation and our licensors that handles our mutual contracts, and make sure we pay and report in a timely and accurate manner.
This role will evolve with the growth of RoaR, and will start as a dynamic role in a small team that will grow and likely evolve over time. Initial tasks may include work on discovery projects, data analytics & reconciliation work, driving proof of concepts, working with UX to design mockups and engaging in other supporting tasks for the product team.This individual will also play an important role when transitioning our current Royalty System into a next-generation technology platform.
What you will do
- Be part of the Product Management team supporting data analysis and providing valuable insights
- Pair and collaborate with developers to work on reconciliation work, discovery projects, POC’s, mockups and prototypes.
- Develop into a primary subject matter expert when it comes to Analytics and Royalties.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience which may include experience defining and testing requirements or performing financial calculations as a royalty analyst, business analyst, data analyst, consultant or other relevant role
- Be in a position to potentially transition into a Product Management role for the Analytics team.
- Engage with other teams in Royalties and Reporting to secure the success of our new Royalties Platform.
- Partner with our Financial stakeholders and Licensing to help them close the books and predict future contractual scenarios in an easy, safe and fast way.
Who you are
- You are a SQL expertYou have experience working with big data in some form
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau
- You have experience working with complex business critical systems running in a cloud environment
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, who is comfortable translating concepts and ideas to stakeholders at all levels and contextual angles.
- You feel comfortable sorting through ambiguityYou are experienced with data-driven product development strategies and have experience with agile development methodologies
- You know how to inspire, motivate and support a team to get things done
- You might be a data scientist with experience in working closely with business and product challenges, or an experienced data analyst that is excited to work closely with technology, big data and innovative products.
- You know how to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation, and in a variety of contexts
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.