The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join the Client Building Blocks area. This mission is rolling out a brand new client architecture and components to support Spotify’s growth and mission. Enabling client development teams to develop in isolation, and focus on their core missions by providing opinionated architecture and building blocks. Perhaps more importantly our work plays a key role in Spotify’s ability to scale the number of engineers and clients with sustained developer productivity.
Challenges include delivering easy-to-use APIs and frameworks for our development teams, while at the same time keeping on top of technology advances, performance, security and monitoring requirements. We are focusing on overall productivity improvements to be able to leverage more of the mobile eco-systems and to decrease investments in technology that slows us down.
As a product manager in Client Building blocks you will also work closely together with the related teams and our internal customers to deliver the right software.
What You’ll Do
- Understand the Spotify client engineer workflows and user needs; prioritize the top pain points and opportunities and translate that into action.
- Build strong relationships with client engineers at Spotify.
- Craft and evolve a product vision, strategy, and roadmap that helps serve the client engineers needs at Spotify.
- Serve as a product evangelist for client development environments internally and externally (where relevant). Stay current on industry trends in the client development environments space beyond Spotify.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, design, and data science teams to gather feedback and requirements and better understand the future of the product.
- Collaborate with engineering to break down work into valuable releases for users and on shipping software regularly.
- Help the teams define and measure success on different dimensions (product success metrics, OKRs, etc).
- Collaborate with other product managers and engineering managers in the Client Platform to drive strategy across squads.
- Drive product initiatives at the squad level and beyond.
Who You Are
- You have demonstrated experience with product development, user centred design, and agile/lean methodologies.
- You are highly empathetic and love building experiences that meet user needs.
- You have familiarity and passion in developing experiences for engineers.
- You demonstrate strong leadership, communication and relationship building skills.
- You are a team player with proven ability to work cross functionally, ideally with team members from engineering, product design, data science, marketing, among others.
- You are comfortable collaborating with engineering teammates when discussing technical tradeoffs.
- You crave responsibility, but are willing to step back and support your teams to achieve success. You drive momentum on your teams, but you also lead from behind and help others grow and succeed.
- You have an ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of ambiguity, with only high-level direction. You drive initiatives beyond just the scope of your teams.
- You love inspiring engineering teams and building partnerships with multiple stakeholders.
- You love to help your team prioritise and you are adept at communicating that priority outwards.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.