The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced product leader to join Spotify’s Client Continuous Integration (CI) team. We build the CI platform for our mobile and client engineers and play a critical part of Spotify’s overall developer ecosystem.
You’ll set the long-term vision and strategy for a scalable CI workflow that powers thousands of engineers and millions of lines of code. The CI system, underpinning our Pull Request workflow, is highly critical and is key to driving developer best practices and making Spotify ship secure, compliant and code with quality quickly. Our engineers rely on the output of your work every day.
This role sits in the Client Platform department within the broader Platform organisation. Platform creates the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billion customers, and enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe. Our team consists of eight organisational units (known as ‘tribes’) that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal customers – from the shared approaches to supporting and aligning the craft and practice of designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists – to the frameworks, capabilities and tools they need to do their work as effectively, quickly, and safely as possible. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
What You’ll Do
- Define and drive product vision, strategy and metrics, galvanizing teams to follow you
- Be on top of the needs on how to evolve the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery domain to support Spotify’s growth.
- Interest and willingness to work on both engineering and value proposition/strategy
- Balance needs around reliability, security and scale with building new features.
- Work closely with our Quality and Platform Insights teams.
- Deeply care about improving developer experience for our engineers.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to ensure healthy delivery – including capabilities, happiness, resilience, and growth.
- Ensure your team is doing the right things, while not being spread too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance are key for successful teams at Spotify.
Who You Are
- You have experience with data driven product development and a technical background, either as an engineer or in a previous technical role
- You can translate you and your team’s knowledge & experience to use-cases and prioritised work
- You get stuff done! As shown by working as a product manager, or similar, in high performing teams.
- Ability to take end-to-end responsibility for the product’s success
- You are an interdisciplinary thinker, skilled at blending different perspectives in pursuit of a mission.
- You are passionate about building exceptional experiences and understand what a phenomenal platform that meets these needs looks like.
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, engaging with your audience on a personal level.
- You are good at sorting out ambiguity.
- You are structured and give close attention to details.
- You are persistent, rational and put facts above speculation.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.