The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
Spotify is building the world’s most personalized music service. The Personalization Platform team builds models, tools, and data products that represent users, their habits and tastes and their relationship to content and creators, as well as the APIs to serve that intelligence. We’re looking for a Product Manager who will accelerate our efforts around bringing human meaning to recommendations by building innovative ways to describe content in ways that will resonate with each user, personally. You will work with highly skilled engineers to iterate on content description data products and evolve the platform, and collaborate with stakeholders and internal customer teams around vision and roadmaps. Your work will power personalized experiences for users across the Spotify ecosystem.
What You’ll Do
- Engage with product, analytics, and user research teams to identify content description and contextualization needs of users across the music recommendations spectrum and the globe
- Explore new opportunities and use cases for contextualizing recommendations and experiences with content description in the Spotify experience
- Work with the team to articulate the vision and set the roadmap for user-focused content description
- Define, monitor, and analyze business and quality metrics for data products, and feed learnings back into the development process
- Build relationships with stakeholders across the organization understand and prioritize foundational needs across use cases and short and long term horizons
- Work closely with engineers to allow for fast development, evolution, and innovation of core data products and tooling
- Ensure quality of data products, including timeliness, performance, and accuracy
- Make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth
- Work from our office in Boston
Who You Are
- You have demonstrated the ability to translate strong user empathy and understanding of pain points and needs into something tangible that people love
- You have at least 3 years of product management experience, ideally with experience creating compelling product features based on language data
- Experience working in a product role for internal platforms or in B2B environments is strongly preferred
- You have experience working with engineers to set requirements for data products and/or predictive algorithms, and are passionate about building and being part of high performing teams
- You have experience working in an Agile environment
- You are experienced in setting and executing on a product backlog, balancing innovation, maintenance and support
- You are experienced at creating and communicating a narrative about the value of data and platforms to unlock business value and transform end user experiences
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.