Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
Are you passionate about and excel in delivering strategic programs in cross functional teams that obsess about consumers? We are seeking an exceptional Program Manager with technical background to join our Program Management team in Spotify’s Experience Mission. In the Experience Mission we set the vision and strategies for Spotify’s consumer experience propositions across platforms. By the end of 2020 we will be close to 600 people in 50 cross functional teams located between Stockholm, Gothenburg and London primarily. As a Program Manager you will drive alignment and be accountable to execute against the Experience Mission’s strategic initiatives. You will be part of the Experience Mission’s Strategy Operations function and report to the Mission’s Program Management Director.
What you’ll do
- As a Program Manager, you’ll be accountable for driving the execution of the Experience Mission’s strategic initiatives. These initiatives are often large-scale, cross-functional and company-wide initiatives that we believe will have a significant impact on Spotify within a short to medium term timeline.
- You’ll be responsible for enabling and ensuring great collaboration between teams and stakeholders within the Experience Mission and across the company while keeping true to tech, product, design, and insights principles. Your job will be to amplify the effectiveness of cross-disciplinary teams.
- We expect end-to-end oversight and management and need people who are self-motivated, independent and dedicated. Your programs often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres, and it is your job to keep all the players coordinated on the work progress and deadlines. Due to the fast-paced nature and time zone overlap, you’re able to quickly triage, prioritize, and lead cross-functional teams under pressure.
- To be successful in this role, you’re able to build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels. A roll-up-your-sleeves and get the work done attitude. Your strength should lie in seeing the holistic perspective, see how all the moving parts should tie together, and systemize it into a functioning program.
- You’ll craft and sustain forums for strategy alignment with key stakeholders and teams around the company that want to impact the specific strategies that you’re driving.
- You’ll monitor the wider company’s key initiatives to understand how the Experience Mission can create mutually beneficial relationships with other areas of the organization while driving forward the strategies of the Mission.
- You’ll contribute to continuous improvements to how the Experience Mission’s Program Management team operates.
- This particular role differs from a traditional Program Management role in that you’ll not be working with a dedicated project team, but rather ensure that necessary deliverables for your particular initiatives are worked into the plans of affected teams.
- You’re passionate about and have extensive experience working in Program Management roles, preferably in fast paced, consumer focused and cross functional feature platform teams.
- You’ve experience running and representing large, cross-functional software projects and can easily communicate strategies, goals, and progress status.
- You’re a great communicator and bring clarity to the projects you take on freeing up lines of communication, identifying and removing blockers, encouraging collaboration, and, most importantly, continuously looking for ways to improve how we work.
- You’re the glue of a happy, productive, cross-functional team making space for the creative work across all disciplines to happen in a transparent, open environment.
- You fight for the right user-centered process to achieve a practical balance of quality and speed.
- You’ve extensive experience working in a cross-functional environment with engineering, product, design and insights.
- You’ve a technical background and proven track record of self-motivated performance and perseverance.
- You’re truly a “do-er” willing to get hands-on solving any problems needed to help the program move forward.
- You’re comfortable balancing multiple concurrent projects in an agile, fast paced and international environment.
- You’ve a flexible mindset and you’re willing to find new ways to deliver on your goals in case you get stuck.
- You’re data informed in your work and understand what agile is all about.
- You’re extremely structured, organized and have phenomenal attention to detail.
- You’ve a proven track record of influencing and delivering without formal authority.
- You’re comfortable liaising with individual contributors and members of C suite.
- You’re deeply skilled at communication in English, both oral and written.
- You want to join a community of Program Managers working in other domains within the company and contribute to the craft and growth of the Program Manager role at Spotify.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.