We are looking for Research Scientist Interns to help drive a data-first culture across Spotify. You’ll focus on how people, data and machines talk to each other about music, with applications in speech, NLU and music recommendations.
What you’ll do
- Apply your scientific knowledge and research skills to craft studies into people’s reactions to Machine Learning-based interactions.
- Design and plan studies, analyze product engagement data, and capture large-scale NLU data sets that cover those aspects you establish as impactful on people’s experience.
- Work in collaboration with other scientists, user researchers, analysts and engineers across Spotify to craft creative solutions to ambitious problems.
- Work on projects that cut across Spotify’s organization, including areas such as product, marketing, and content.
- Have product impact, while working on and further develop a long-term research roadmap.
Who you are
- You are pursuing a PhD in human-computer interaction, psychology, NLU, statistics, IR/search/agents, data science or related area.
- You have publications in communities such as WWW, CHI, UbiComp, SIGIR, Interspeech, HRI, CSCW, RecSys, or related.
- You are intrigued by how interaction design, data collection strategies, and people’s perceptions affect Machine Learning outcomes.
- You have a demonstrated interest in speech/natural language, personalized recommendations, crowdsourcing, diversity in AI – and music.
- You are a creative problem-solver who is passionate about digging into sophisticated problems and devising innovative approaches to reach results.
- You have experience with the complexities of real-world data, and understand the value of both in-depth, qualitative and web-scale, quantitative data working together to build a deep understanding of people’s interaction with technology.
The Intern Experience
This is your chance to help craft the way the world listens, learn more about what we do, how we do it – and why that matters. We’re looking for enthusiastic students with a passion for audio experiences and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship, you’ll make an impact and play a real part in the success of Spotify, All over one unforgettable summer!
If that’s you, tell us who you are, what you care about, and where you want to go.
Our paid summer internships last for 10-13 weeks and start at the beginning of June. The last day to apply is November 22nd, 2020 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
Late November 2020 – Mid January 2021: Application Review
Early December 2020 – March 2021: Interviews
January 2021 – April 2021: Offers given out
June 2021: Intern program start
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.