We are looking for Research Scientist Interns to join our Machine Listening team. Our mission is to advance the state of the art in AI-based machine listening technologies to unlock differentiating product opportunities for Spotify. During your internship, you’ll help to develop intelligent, efficient and intuitive new ways to search, explore, re-use, and process audio. Your work will impact the way the world experiences music, and the way artists can make a living.
What you’ll do
- Work with Research Scientists to develop and evaluate machine listening methods, combining machine learning, signal processing, probabilistic modelling and many other fields.
- Learn to run experiments at scale, having access to a catalog of 60M+ songs, 299M+ monthly active users, and making use of Spotify’s computing infrastructure.
- Leverage best practices in building new datasets powering the next generation of machine learning research.
- Communicate your results and their importance to both key stakeholders and in external publications.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team of researchers, product managers, software engineers and others across the company.
Who you are
- You have, or are pursuing a PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or a related discipline (Master’s student will be considered, but a PhD course of study is preferred).
- You have experience in one or more of the following fields: machine learning, music information retrieval, speech processing, signal processing, probabilistic modelling.
- You have strong coding skills in several of the following languages/libraries: Python, NumPy, TensorFlow, PyTorch.
- You are a great communicator. You can explain complex topics in simple terms, and you love building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
This is your chance to help craft the way the world listens, learn more about what we do, how we do it – and why that matters. We’re looking for enthusiastic students with a passion for audio experiences and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship, you’ll make an impact and play a real part in the success of Spotify, All over one unforgettable summer!
The deadline to apply for this internship is October 30th, 2020. The start of the internship is negotiable.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.