The Revenue Accounting Operations team is looking for a Revenue Accountant to support the global revenue accounting operations & revenue close processes for Spotify’s advertising business. The position is based in NYC, and the ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years of revenue operations, order-to-cash, and/or GL experience at a global organization.
What you will do
- Execution of monthly global revenue close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with IFRS.
- Perform global revenue and deferred revenue journal entries, accounts reconciliations, and fluctuation analyses.
- Help lead the implementation of best practices in the revenue team to scale our business and global revenue expansion.
- Support external and internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Develop and refine revenue accounting processes
- Work cross functionally with Technical Accounting, Finance, Legal, Sales, Sales Operations, FP&A, Billing, AR, IT, Tax and various business owners to develop scalable Order-to-Cash processes and drive new system initiatives and improvements.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and assist in refining revenue accounting processes and procedures with a focus on continuous improvements.
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participating in special projects, leading trainings, ERP implementations, system enhancements, and ad hoc analyses, as assigned.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with CPA or CA preferred.
- 2-3+ years relevant experience in revenue accounting, accounting operations, GL, or public accounting
- High tech, Podcasting, Entertainment/Media, and/or Advertising industry experience a plus.
- Experience with major ERP system required (NetSuite, Oracle or SAP).
- Strong Excel skills and comfortable with extremely large data volume.
- Ability to work under time pressure, to prioritize workload, and to meet strict deadlines.
- Positive attitude and flexible, especially in the period of month/quarter/year-end closing
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.