Spotify listeners, creators and employees trust us to provide a safe digital platform that protects any sensitive information they share with us. Spotify Security is a distributed team that champions and delivers on initiatives with Spotify’s autonomous teams to ensure that our organization keeps information security appropriately prioritized and that the trust we have with these stakeholders is well-deserved. We focus on raising security awareness, providing security intelligence and building tools to enable these teams to feel a shared sense of responsibility for security and privacy concerns. We aim to constantly improve the security posture of our organization by iterating on our tooling and process.
The Spotify Security team is looking to advance our in-house intrusion detection capabilities. We are looking for an Engineering Manager for our Detection and Response Team to continue to build and mature our capabilities and direct a team of hardworking engineers to success. As a leader in the Security organization, technical leadership, and a background in software development or information security operations is meriting. Your primary responsibility is to the people on your team: ensuring that the members are growing as engineers, are successful in their roles and generally having a great time at Spotify. You’ll also have plenty of opportunity to work across the larger organization, in different exciting projects, such as application security, platform security, security engineering to mention a few of the domains.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for leading a team of ~7 engineers
- Develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Drive the maturity of Spotify Security’s Detection and Response capabilities
- Participate in developing the strategy for Security architecture, culture, and organization at Spotify
- Grow the technical expertise and practices of the Security Engineering team
- Help develop and evangelize great engineering practices across all of Spotify
- Work with the Security team, its stakeholders, and customers to develop and improve Spotify’s security stance
- Work with the recruiting team to attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent
- Collaborate with others managers in leading the Security organization
- Represent the Security organization towards stakeholders
Who you are
- You are experienced in leading engineering teams, either within software development, security or systems engineering, preferably with a Security Operations or Detection and Response focus
- You love developing and growing people
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about Information Security
- Preferably, you have solid experience from working in an Agile development environment
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.