Music for everyone, no credit card needed. It’s a promise our platform was built on. And here in the Free team, we’re still building on it. We work on a massive scale, bringing people from all kinds of disciplines and all parts of the business together to deliver an amazing freemium experience to more than 129 million users worldwide. Want to help shape the future of free? Here’s how.
Your focus will be on Podcast Monetization, building and shipping exceptional products that grow an engaged audience of podcast listeners. Podcasting is a critical frontier for Spotify, one that provides creators with a powerful means of sustaining their craft by facilitating conversations through the power of audio and video. Our goal is connecting the listeners to the content they love through our promotional touchpoints, while expanding our footprint in the digital audio marketplace, creating best-in-class tools, products and features. Come help us bring this vision to life!
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with a small, autonomous team of developers, designers, and product owners to find end-to-end solutions to important problems
- Implement these solutions for our Android client, adhering to Android development best practices
- Help your team solve problems in a way that makes sense for Android users and our codebase
- Join dozens of other developers and help to shape the direction of Android development at Spotify
Who You Are
- You have a deep understanding of modern Android development
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Java
- You are experienced with Android development tools
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code
- You have a high level understanding of end to end systems
- You have released at least one app or have a project in the works that you can tell us about
- You have at least 3-4 years of professional experience
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.