We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join the Experimentation team of the Platform mission in our Stockholm office. “Think it, build it, ship it, tweak it” is at the core of Spotify’s development approach, and in Experimentation we are providing to Spotify teams the platform and the best practices to do exactly this: quickly and safely iterate through ideas, learn from them and make informed decisions for better products.
Join a multidisciplinary team of data-, web-, backend engineers and data scientists that share a common passion for bringing the scientific experimentation methodology to the daily toolbox of every Spotify team. Some day to day tasks include ensuring efficient and non-biased allocation of the experiment population, scheduling and orchestration of the numerous and sometimes conflicting experiments Spotify runs, implementing statistical analysis methodologies to offer insights and recommendations to experiment owners, and all that on top of big amounts of data.
What you’ll do
- Plan, architect, design, develop, deploy and operate backend systems and services.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional team and contribute to growing the skills and knowledge of your peers.
- Coordinate technical projects across teams within Spotify.
- Facilitate the collaboration with other specialists, product owners, and designers to ensure we deliver the maximum value to our customers.
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with challenging work, the freedom to acquire new skills during hack days, through participation in thematic guilds, and through a variety of internal training courses.
Who you are
- You are an experienced technical leader.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code that is easy to maintain and extend.
- You have strong coding skills in at least one programming language, and a desire to pick up more. We work primarily in Java, but also Python and Scala.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.