As a Senior Business Operations Manager with Spotify, you will be responsible for supporting the ongoing monthly, quarterly, and annual operating rhythm of the business including supporting the Content and Ads Business Units’ participation in corporate initiatives (e.g., OKRs, QBRs, Earnings Reports write-ups, Board of Director Decks) as well as Business Unit-wide presentations and communications (e.g., All Hands, Intro Days, Offsites) You’ll become the glue connecting the broader team. You will report into the VP, Head of Content Business.
The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, communicate effectively, and enjoy the fast pace of building upon an established but rapidly growing organization. The position requires a strong record of excellent administrative, organization and communication skills, superior writing ability, attention to detail, and a proven aptitude for improving overall team efficiency and business planning. You must be able to identify and eliminate bottlenecks, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance business needs versus constraints.
What you’ll do
- Author and design presentations and briefing documents for the Chief Content & Advertising Business Officer and the Head of Content Business
- Work closely with Head of Content Business, Content & Ads BU Leads, Content & Ads BU Operations teams to understand our business strategies and challenges to help drive the QBR and Earnings Reports processes
- Shepherd the overall goal-setting and planning framework for the Content and Ads BU
- Work with the Comms team to craft the internal communications strategy for the team, and find creative ways to help our teams align on and drive our objectives
- Ensure our operating model is clear and lightweight, helping drive and not distract from our business objectives
- Engage with teams to provide specific project and program-level leadership support when needed
- Work closely with leads across the company to champion continuous operational improvement and learning culture within the organization
- Operationalize and help manage Content Business department’s budget and hiring plan
Who you are
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in business planning or business operations management
- B.S./B.A. in a technical or business field, or equivalent practical experience
- MBA preferred
- Must have experience developing and implementing new business processes aimed at improving organizational efficiency
- Must enjoy working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, and have outstanding teamwork skills
- Business insights/analytics experience
- Demonstrated project ownership and consistent delivery on commitments – great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail
- Strong professionalism and grace under pressure
- Advanced knowledge/experience with Microsoft Products (Excel, Powerpoint and SharePoint) or related advanced tools
- Experience in media preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- High level of integrity and discretion to handle confidential information
- Commit to extensive travel as needed
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.