Imagine yourself surrounded by highly competent and playful engineers who dare to deploy several times per day while they are developing and supervising the systems managing millions of Subscribers at Spotify. They are agile and always strive for the thing that gives the most value, in all requirements “Is this really the most important thing to do right now?“. When in the office, the Squads area is either filled with the silence of concentration or hilarious laughter! If someone is working from home they are still in the loop as the Squads Slack channel is one of the most chatty.
You can be part of the What-to-buy squad at Spotify, the process starts below on the “Apply here” button.
What you’ll do
- Help us grow our Premium products world-wide.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team with Backend, Data, Web, and QA engineers.
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scalding, Scio, Spark on Google Cloud Platform and help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, including taking part in an on-call rotation
Who you are
- You are an awesome engineer working with scalable distributed, high-volume services in Java and are familiar with metrics and monitoring
- You know Scala language and how to work with high volume data, preferable with distributed systems such as Apache Beam, BigQuery and BigTable.
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access and data storage techniques
- You are passionate about what you do and care about good engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing and have experience in working on cloud platforms like GCP / AWS.
- You identify bottlenecks both in systems and ways-of-working and have the ability to drive change
- You are leading through your expertise and thrive in growing your team
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.