We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the band and help drive evidence-based strategy with a focus on growth. As a Senior Data Scientist in the Growth Research & Strategy team you will need to analyse internal and external data sources to drive key decisions around the future of Spotify’s strategy – which audiences we prioritise, what products we build and how we market to our target audiences. You will study user behavior, strategic initiatives, markets, content, and new features and bring data and insights into every decision we make, combining your findings with your user research, market research and growth strategy colleagues. Above all, your work will impact how we think about user growth and how we can make Spotify accessible and engaging for more people in the world.
What You’ll Do
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive decisions across the user funnel – such as acquisition, activation and retention
- Drive strategic validation projects utilising your balance of technical and commercial skills to build the case for or against a given strategy
- Work on larger user understanding projects to understand and recommend our next direction to drive user growth
- Work on end-to-end projects to ensure your findings are executed and tested in a desired way
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of analysts, product owners, marketers, designers, and others across the company who are passionate about Spotify’s user growth
- Work from our office in Stockholm or New York
Who You Are
- You have a deep understanding of numbers and a strong business sense for growth drivers
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in a similar growth data scientist role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- You have the technical competence to perform more advanced analytics: Coding skills (such as Python or R) and Analytics tools experience (such as Pandas and SQL)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- You are self-driven person who’s capable of tackling very loosely defined problems
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
- You’re capable of mentoring more junior data scientists to set them up for success
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.