We are looking for an outstanding Financial Planning & Analysis Senior Manager to join our Freemium Business FP&A team in New York. The Senior Manager will be the trusted partner to Spotify’s Global Marketing Leads and be responsible for providing end-to-end FP&A support to all of our marketing efforts across Brand, Premium, Content, Performance, and cross-functional teams globally.
The candidate will have an in-depth understanding of key financial and operational drivers across a range of marketing channels, and a proven record of building and scaling a Marketing Finance function. They should also have strong financial budgeting and forecasting skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced, high growth environment. This role will report into the Director of Freemium FP&A, and provide broad exposure to executive management and other key decision making across multiple lines of business.
What you’ll do
- Drive the monthly, quarterly, yearly, and long-term forecasts for Spotify’s global marketing investments
- Create insightful presentations to summarize analyses and facilitate decision-making for global marketing leadership
- Develop tools and resources to drive insights related to budget allocation, attribution analysis, and financial reporting which will guide decision making
- Build positive relationships and effectively communicate insights with partners
- Partner cross-functionally with leaders in other business divisions to understand critical initiatives and integrate marketing support into the financial planning process
- Support the annual OKR and Investment Prioritization exercise
- Review and advise departmental budget preparation with individual managers
- Provide analysis and insights into variances between actual and expected financial results
- Address ad hoc financial analysis requests and inquiries
- Partner with Finance teams to lead efforts on efficiency improvement initiatives
Who you are
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related subject area
- Minimum of 7-10 years relevant experience supporting marketing organizations, ideally at a high growth media, tech or entertainment company
- Demonstrated knowledge of a Freemium, marketing, and subscription models and metrics like GRP, ROAS, ROI, Lifetime Value, Subscriber Acquisition Cost, Churn, ARPU, etc. in order to influence decision making and business results
- Ability to work effectively with a team and constituents that span multiple geographies globally
- Outstanding analytical skill, with a passion for metrics and data; ability to apply in order to influence and drive decision making
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including Advanced Excel skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data and maintain complex financial models (Python and SQL skills are a plus)
- Experience with visualization (Tableau, etc.) and financial software (Adaptive Planning, Coupa, NetSuite, etc.) is a plus
- Effective communications: Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, impactful recommendations
- Great storytelling and communication abilities
- Executive presence: Experience working closely with senior executives to tackle challenging business problems; Ability to credibly and compellingly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership
- Passionate about both technology and music/podcasts
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.