Spotify is reimagining the creator and consumer experience, partnering with artists, labels and publishers to help them better understand and engage their fanbase. Join us in the Creator Marketplace team, and you won’t just organise the world’s audio so that it is safer, instant and more intelligent. Or create the commercial models that help artists thrive. You’ll be at the centre of Spotify’s mission to bring artists and their fans closer together through unique content.
Creator Marketplace is on a mission to give creators and their teams tools for how they can improve their performance and manage their careers. In turn, this will enable creators to enrich the consumer experience, more creators to succeed, and Spotify to have a stronger business. We can’t accomplish this mission without providing the right core experience to the right creator team members.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Infra & Web Platform team. They are responsible for delivering a robust and reliable foundation to Creator products, enabling squads to deliver high-value features to customers at speed. You will also participate in Product Design work across the mission and help other teams when needed.
If you are passionate about applying design thinking to tackle complex system problems, crafting cross-cutting, platform capabilities for R&D teams, this is the place for you!
What You’ll Do
- Research user behaviors, validate concepts with end-users and turn insights into value-adding features and actionable deliverables.
- Be the voice of our internal and external customers, partnering with engineers and product managers during systems development.
- Work in collaboration with internal partners (both business and R&D) and consider requirements, constraints, user needs, and business goals when crafting solutions.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Collaborate with other designers to build a coherent user experience over system capabilities and product offerings.
- Work with sketches, wireframes, and prototypes to validate concepts and hypotheses with our end internal and external users.
- Build, disseminate and maintain systems documentation.
- Design across the entire product lifecycle, ecosystem, and launches.
- Be autonomous and take full ownership of your work on every last detail, every step of the way.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, for example as a Product Designer
- Passionate about solving complex UX challenges.
- A phenomenal storyteller and communicator, translating complex systems and frameworks into concepts that are easy to understand.
- Ability to communicate optimally with different audiences and balancing multiple stakeholders. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the ability to mentor others to deliver work and make strategy come to life.
- Have empathy for your customers and can anticipate user needs.
- Love both strategy and hands-on UX.
- Thrive in a fast-paced organization.
- A hands-on UX Designer that is proficient in user research techniques, interaction design.
- You use quantitative and qualitative data sources to inform your design decisions. You care about tracking usage of the things you build, and using the data collected to verify efficiencies.
- Experience with or interest in Enterprise UX and/or B2B products.
- You have an online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role while highlighting your portfolio.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.