Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for an experienced designer to join as a key member for a new design systems team inside Spotify’s Design Platform department.
You would listen closely to customers and partner closely with DLS and Editorial Design to explore the problem space around creative production of content merchandising, working with your cross-functional squad to deliver solutions to an exceptional standard of craft.
What you’ll do
- Work day-to-day in a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, art directors, producers and product managers to build and maintain an end-to-end design system for Spotify’s content merchandising surfaces and formats (e.g. playlist cover artworks)
- Design workflows and internal tooling for editors, internal art directors and agencies
- Partner with product designers and art directors to develop new formats and explore their potential for creative expression
- Collaborate with other design systems teams on evolving our shared processes and tooling to support a large number of teams working on a diverse array of products
- Create work that scales and flexes across a variety of audiences, devices, platforms and form factors ranging from phones over laptop computers to game consoles, connected fridges and cars
- Be autonomous. You take full ownership of your work and drive your personal development. And you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Work from our NYC office with occasional travel to our other major R&D centers (Stockholm, Boston, London and Gothenburg)
Who you are
- You have several years of experience working in-house for consumer-facing digital product companies
- You are technically-minded, interested in code as the material digital products are made of
- You are familiar and comfortable working within and contributing to large design systems that you may or may not own directly.
- You have experience developing custom creative tooling for internal or external audiences
- You think of interfaces as dynamic and love thinking about motion and flows
- You are intimately familiar with the capabilities and constraints of several of today’s and tomorrow’s digital devices and platforms
- You value inclusive design and accessibility and don’t believe it has to mean compromising aesthetics
- You have a user- and data-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your teams instincts through user feedback and data insight. You understand the role and importance of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- You get nervous if you’re not sketching concepts, tweaking flows or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground.
- You are a thoughtful designer and critical thinker who questions the status quo and strives for improvement
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.