The Royalties and Reporting Product Area at Spotify is based within the broader Financial Engineering org. The team, 60 people located across Stockholm and New York, works with the datasets of Spotify’s millions of users and billions of delivered streams, aggregating these and outputting payouts to Labels and Publishers.
We are entering a new era in our Product Area where we are investing in user-centric tools for our internal and external users. The opportunity is big with overall goals to provide efficient, simple and high quality tools.
Royalties are at the heart of Spotify’s mission, which means that our team contributes to highly visible initiatives across the company. It also means that we have a duty to understand a large number of business domains and systems to know how we can best support Spotify.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer with solid facilitation, research, visual design skills but also highly qualified in growing and coaching other design team members. You’ll be a key player in building our design function within our Product Area with potential to expand to our Financial Engineering Mission.
You’re a great fit for this role if you:
- Have empathy for your customers and can anticipate user needs.
- Love both strategy and hands-on UX.
- Are passionate about coaching and growing team members.
- Love working with financial data.
What you’ll do
- To start with, you will be part of a UX team of three; however, this new design function may expand into supporting our larger Financial Engineering Org, so there is potential for this role to grow.
- Help shape the design culture & vision for our new design function collaborating closely with Product Area leads, stakeholders and other design functions at Spotify.
- Lead design projects, collaborate with designers based in Stockholm and work together across the entire product lifecycle with multiple launches.
- You will be comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously and prefer a mix of strategic as well as hands-on work.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business (among other stakeholders) to find user centered and practical solutions to design challenges.
- User research, validate concepts with end-users and stakeholders, and turn insights into value-adding features and actionable deliverables.
- Develop and refine user-centered design processes and best practices, and actively contribute to our visionary work.
- Evangelise the design, by promoting the purpose of design and the impact it can make.
Who you are
- You have a passion for complex problems and tools. We do not work on Spotify’s public-facing apps or marketing; we build internal tools for other Spotifiers. It’s crucial that you are excited by this. The rewards come from getting to solve real problems from our internal users.
- You have skills/interest in both UX and UI design. You will be doing user research to understand the general problem space, designing overall interaction flows, and also executing fine-grained interface work
- You are great at collaborating with others. Working on engineering-focused teams, usually as the only designer, means you have to be a great collaborator and communicator. You are passionate about UX best practices and inclusive design.
- You enjoy growing and coaching team members. This role is not only to give regular feedback on design work but also spend significant time to coach other designers and find ways / projects that can help us create a strong design team.
- You have a robust and diversified design experience. You have 7+ years of experience working on complex software systems as well as much simpler internal sites. You have in some way or form being involved in building a new design function in startup, department or similar.
- You are able to understand our business users goals and problems. We work with a variety of business users such as accounting, legal, licensing, forecast, analytics and new market teams. You have experience and feel comfortable working in a fast-growing organisation and enjoy learning new business domains. You may have experience with Enterprise UX and/or B2B products.
- You get excited about financial data. Spotify has amazing data, and we work with it heavily. It’s not a hard requirement that you can query or analyze data, but you should have experience working with data-focused applications.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.